Sunday 28 February 2016

Outfit Of The Day - Can You Make Camo A Little Smarter?

Photography: Joel Givvons

Khaki Flight Jacket - Maniere De Voir / £55
Camo Scooped Hem T-shirt - H&M / £20
Black Oversized T-shirt - Asos / £14
Black Biker Jeans - Maniere De Voir / £50
Black Corduroy Hat - Supreme / £44
Arena High Sneakers - Balenciaga / £355


-----------------------------------

Hi guys welcome back, hope you've had a good weekend. I know I'm very late with this post in which I apologise, I hadn't forgot I just didn't have the time to create this post for you earlier in the week. Anyway enjoy this post and the rest of your Sunday evening!

Now I know and am aware of the fact that my style can look a little, how to put it un-colourful (if thats a word) and for the next post I decided to put a little dash of colour in. I recently picked up a scooped hem t-shirt which I love from H&M, in this amazing dim camo effect. I was pondering on what to put this with in an outfit and I instantly thought of layers. This t-shirt is a size larger than I would normally buy because it was the only one they had left in stock and I wanted it really badly. So to try and break the t-shirts mammoth length up I used an oversized black Asos T-shirt. With it being oversized it means it slides very comfortably over the top of a base layer t-shirt and looks great. To balance some more khaki into the outfit I used my beloved khaki flight jacket from MDV which hasn't appeared on my blog or social medias since the first post I ever did. The jackets bunched sleeves and short cut means it looks really nice with several pieces underneath it and doesn't make it look blown up and tight. The double zipper also helps with revealing those layers!

On the bottom half I've used my go-to smart black biker denim from MDV, this denim is their more updated version and is soft, stretchy and has a nice bunched effect at the tapered lower leg. Paired with my new Balenziaga Arena sneakers in all black. Now I know that some people in the street wear community feel these shoes have done their run and are now finished with but I feel otherwise. They are comfortable and look really smart. You can quite easily dress them up and down which is a real difficulty when coming to sneakers. The quality is amazing as you would expect with something of this price and even the packaging is top notch. I would seriously recommend taking a look at the arenas and Balenciaga's runners especially in the olive colour way (if you can find them).

So to round of the outfit its a blend of street with a touch of smartness. The top of the outfit represents a nice layered streetwear look whilst the bottom half displays a more clean and classy look. I think the two work great simultaneously together. Tell me your opinion on the fit! Thanks for reading and make sure to leave a comment on my social medias if you enjoyed! See you on the next post!

Greg.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Grvg Taylor

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig